|Sujet: Big Java - Third Edition (2008) Mer 11 Fév 2009, 12:26|| |
Big Java by Cay S. Horstmann (Paperback - New Edition)Info:
* Publisher: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
* Pub. Date: March 2007
* ISBN-13: 9780470105542
* Sales Rank: 40,438
* Edition Description: New Edition
* Edition Number: 33
No one brews up a better Java guide than Cay Horstmann and in this Third Edition of Big Java he's perfected his recipe. Thoroughly updated to include Java 6, the Third Edition of Horstmann's bestselling text helps you absorb computing concepts and programming principles, develop strong problem-solving skills, and become a better programmer, all while exploring the elements of Java that are needed to write real-life programs.
A top-notch introductory text for beginners, Big Java, Third Edition is also a thorough reference for students and professionals alike to Java technologies, Internet programming, database access, and many other areas of computer science.
Features of the Third Edition:
* The 'Objects Gradual' approach leads you into object-oriented thinking step-by-step, from using classes, implementing simple methods, all the way to designing your own object-oriented programs.
* A strong emphasis on test-driven development encourages you to consider outcomes as you write programming code so you design better, more usable programs
* Helpful "Testing Track" introduces techniques and tools step by step, ensuring that you master one before moving on to the next
* New teaching and learning tools in WileyPLUS--including a unique assignment checker that enables you to test your programming problems online before you submit them for a grade
* Graphics topics are developed gradually throughout the text, conveniently highlighted in separate color-coded sections
* Updated coverage is fully compatible with Java 5 and includes a discussion of the latest Java 6 features
|Cay S. Horstmann is a Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science at San Jose State University. He is an experienced professional programmer and was Vice President and Chief Technology Officer for Preview Systems, Inc. He is also a consultant for major corporations, universities and organizations on C++, Java, Windows and Internet programming. Horstmann is the author of many successful professional and academic books, including Java Concepts, Big C++, Object Oriented Design and Patterns, and Computing Concepts with C++ Essentials (all with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), and Core Java (Sun Microsystems Press), with Gary Cornell. |