Forum USTHB
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum USTHB

AccueilDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Galerie
The Stadium: Architecture for the New Global Culture Empty
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

The Stadium: Architecture for the New Global Culture

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

The Stadium: Architecture for the New Global Culture Empty
MessageSujet: The Stadium: Architecture for the New Global Culture   The Stadium: Architecture for the New Global Culture I_icon_minitimeVen 13 Fév 2009, 17:21

The Stadium: Architecture for the New Global Culture 61l7X5E91NL

Publisher: Periplus Editions
Number Of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2005-07-15
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0794603351
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780794603359
Binding: Hardcover

Get into the center of the action with The Stadium, a book that takes you to some of the finest event centers across the globe.
Sports fans in the United States can revisit their own home fields such as the Reliant Stadium in Houston, SBC Park in San Francisco, Oriole Park in Baltimore, and experience international attractions such as the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wembley in London, Arsenal in London, and the Olympic Stadium in Sydney. With 250 eye-popping photos and 70 architectural plans,this book defines the stadium as a worlwide cultural icon.

Summary: Great Book but needs a CD
Rating: 4

If you're looking for an architectural book that includes drawings such as floor plans, sections and elevations then you're in the right place.

This book offers a lot of pictures for 18 different stadiums including the Wembley Stadium in London.. i would have given it five stars but unfortunately most of the drawings are too small to be read or understood professionally.. i think they should have added a CD just like most architectural books now a days with full size images to help you view it in details.

Summary: STADIUMS
Rating: 4

Very good book on some spectacular sports stadiums. The text is very informative and the images are first rate. It is such a relief that stadiums are back to having style and not just totally utilitarian, like my beloved Astrodome. It is so sad to me that the Astrodome ushered in the multisport stadium, that type of stadium is almost extinct and the few that still stand like Houston's so called "Eighth Wonder of the World", linger like some sort of bad experiment that went horribly wrong. To appreciate how far stadium architecture has come, just look at Relient Stadium, which is profiled in this book, and compare it to the old grey lady next to her...the afore mentioned Astrodome....sic transic gloria.

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Stadium: Architecture for the New Global Culture
Page 1 sur 1